The project also supports India in standardization related aspects of its integration in the WTO trading system, by identifying all potential opportunities for enhanced international cooperation and global harmonization of standards. Ultimately, the SESEI project aims at reducing the Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) both between EU and India and globally, thus supporting European and Indian industries by facilitating international trade.
The specific tasks of the Project are as follows:
- Present a unified European voice in standardization in India;
- Promote the values of the European standardization system and the “New Approach” legislation in India and raise awareness on the advantages of European standards;
- Support the European Standards Organizations in their activities in India;
- Promote the cooperation between India and Europe in the field of standardization and conformity assessment policies;
- Arrange and participate in seminars and events related to European standardization;
- Ensure and enlist the support of European industry in its activities in India;
- Establish and maintain cooperation agreements with Indian partner organizations;
- Explore the market in India in order to identify new standardization needs and to find new possible sources of interest in standardization as well as new possible partners and to foster cooperation with their European counterparts;
- Use standardization related co-operation in order to foster bilateral and multilateral trade and economic policy with India;
- Establish and maintain close contacts with relevant Indian ministries and agencies.
Priority areas of focus identified for the SESEI project are as follows:
- Digitization: Smart Cities/Urban Development, ITS, Services, High Performance Computing (HPC), Quantum Technologies, Smart Grid/Meter, Consumer Electronics, digital connectivity, Artificial Intelligence, 5G/6G, Open RAN, M2M/IoT (Cyber-Physical Systems), DECT, Data Privacy, Satellite Communication, Digital India, e-Health, Blockchain, Digital Services, Digital Signature, Smart Manufacturing, e-Accessibility, semiconductors, cloud systems, cybersecurity, digital skills, digital platforms including Research and Innovation etc.
- Green & Clean technologies: Clean Energy, Energy Efficiency (Green ICT), Environment, Circular Economy including Resource Efficiency, Waste Management, Material Efficiency, Weather Extremes & Climate Modelling, Sustainability (SDGs), Energy storage technologies, Next generation solar cell, Electric mobility; Emission, Green Hydrogen, Advanced biofuels including Research and Innovation etc.
Keep Track: Other topics
- Other Topics of Mutual Interest such as RAIL, ROPEWAYS, Machinery etc.
- National Standardization Approach, Policy, Legislation, IPR and TBT
- EU/EFTA-INDIA cooperation