SESEI was invited as the delegate for the BIS Pacific Area Standards Congress (PASC) Workshop on Services Standardization held on 4th May 2015. DG BIS, Mr. M.J. Joseph inaugurated the Workshop and highlighted that;
- India joined PASC way back in 2008 hence old association
- Five topics identified by the Congress covering Education, ICT, Logistics, Tourism and Retail are of relevance to India as well.
- Highlighted importance of standards and potential of service is huge to global economy and Services export from India is of key importance
- Around 90 Indian standards exist in BIS database covering banking/finance, education, ICT and logistics
- Service Quality Standards are implemented by various Govt. Department already. Detailed proceeding of the workshop were shared with the stakeholders