India is 3G & 4G Ready with a mobile subscriber’s base of over 950 million – One of the fastest growing & largest telecom market place in the world. Telco’s in India are excited and have realized importance of machine-to-machine (M2M) market which is growing worldwide at a fast pace.
In India M2M market has now started evolving – India M2M market will be majorly driven by Automotive & Commercial Telematics, Household Monitoring & Control, Financial Services & Retail, Smart Homes & Smart Metering, Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics. Being India’s First Convention on M2M – Now into successful 4th Edition – The M2M conclave was held at Mumbai which provided a world class platform for understanding business value proposition of M2M and how M2M technologies and applications will help businesses to fuel growth and productivity in India market.
SESEI participated in the in the M2M Conclave as a distinguished Session Lead Speaker on “Successful Strategies from Around the World & India Specific Business Models for making M2M a Business Success in India”. The main highlights of SESEI’s presentation and views are as following;
- M2M Market and Key Challenges
- Fragmentation, provisioning/efficiency, integration complexity, scalability
- M2M Communications meets non-ICT Industry [Automotive, Health, Energy..]
- Make intelligent use of information, enabled by connected IT [Cloud..]
- SDO/Fora roadmaps are not coordinated, and compete on similar subjects
- TSI Smart M2M – Update and Way forward
- Published – 25 TS & TRs, Drafting Stage – 12 TS & TRs, New Work Items – 3 TS
- oneM2M partnership project – Update and Way forward
- Leading regional SDOs agreed to create a global harmonization partnership
- oneM2M Partnership project established July 2012.
- Total 221 organizations involved in oneM2M
- The oneM2M Standard provides a common Platform to share data among various Application domains having different data models
- 15 WI approved, 6 TS/TRs Approved & Published, 6 TS/TRs are open for comments, remaining
- In India M2M – Update and Way forward
- TSDSI WG on M2M established in June 2014, 60 Individual & 18 Organization have joined
- Study topics covers verticals such as Utilities, Transportation, Remote Asset Monitoring, Health, Agriculture, Smart Energy, Smart Cities etc.
- Naming & Addressing, Security & Privacy, Architecture, Interfaces and Protocols, Impact on Radio Active Network and Core Network etc.
- Attended last oneM2M meeting as observer, plan to join soon as permanent member
- DoT Questionnaire on M2M Policy and roadmap
- ETSI TC M2M submitted its response
- TEC established WG on Automotive, Power, Health, Surveillance and Architecture – ITU-T/DoT
- Consolidate use cases, study existing standards, gap analysis
In India market Automotive, Transport & Logistics industries lead in terms of M2M adoption. However, Utilities will drive future market growth as the Government of India is increasingly taking serious initiatives to deploy smart energy meters to address the concern of increasing power theft and round-the-clock monitoring of power supply.